This course will help you get your project back on track with a certified project manager specialised in IT project recovery.
TOPICS COVERED :
Part 1 : ASSESSING CORRECTLY THE PROJECT DEFIENCIES
Workshop 1 : The Concept of “Rapid Assessment”
- Pitfalls and biggest issues observed on IT projects
- Metrics, is every project due to be overrun ?
- The concept of “Rapid” Assessment and Recovery
- Interactive session : how would you solve those issues ?
- Introducing the recovery plan
- Project recovery effort and success factors
Workshop 2 : Defining the Project Recovery Charter
Deliverable: Project charter and/or SOW
- Define the mission with the sponsor
- Understand the project history and sensitivities
- Establish initial project team contact
- Determine the assessment approach
- Complete the charter and obtain approval.
Workshop 3 : Developing the Assessment Plan
Deliverable: Assessment Plan
- Critical Project Documentation
- Agenda and Interview Schedule
Workshop 4 : Conducting the Assessment
Deliverable: Assessment Recommendation
- Conducting the Interviews
- Analyzing the Data
- Developing the Ranked Ordered List of Findings
- Is recovery possible or Advisable?
- Purpose of Recovery
Part 2 : EFFECTIVE RECOVERY
Worshop 5 : Developing the Recovery Plan
Deliverable : Recovery Plan
- Must not fail.
- Will be subject to extraordinary scrutiny. The team must be ready to defend every action they take.
- Provides for broad fundamental changes in scope, schedule and cost.
- Is of shorter duration.
- Is subject to tighter monitoring and controlling.
- Requires greater frequency of communicating and reporting.
The Recovery Team (RT)
- Focus on building everyone's morale
- Deal directly with personnel problems
- Resolve serious leadership problems
- Add people to the project carefully, if at all
The Timeline (Schedule)
- Establish a schedule based on inchstone
- Track schedule progress meticulously
- Record the reasons for missed inchstones
- Recalibrate the plan every two weeks
- Never commit to a new baseline until an achievable one can be created
- Painstakingly manage risks
The Product (Scope)
- Stabilize the requirements
- Trim the feature set to meet schedule and cost constraints
- Reduce the number of defects and implement a quality control plan to keep them low
- Strive diligently to achieve a “steady state”
Worskhop 6 : Conducting an Agile Recovery
- Agile approach
- Inchstone planning requiring weekly updated
- Metrics i.e. Earned value
- Agile scrums (daily)
- Communication Plan
Wrapup : Tools & dashboards of strong PM
- Sample dashboards, heatmap, backlogs, sprint/inch plans
- Using Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Other PM tools
COURSE OBJECTIVE :
At the end of this two-day interactive course you will come back with a whole new plan for the recovery of your projet and delivrables to implement.
The Art of Successful Project Recovery
Duration 16 hours ( 8 sessions of 2 hours )
)Language : English
You will get back to work with a whole new set of deliverables and fresh new ideas to get your project back on track.
Project Sponsors, Project Managers, Auditors.